Discovery without Cloud
TIP OpenWiFi 2.0
There could be reasons cloud discovery does not complete. These include:
- Lack of Internet Connectivity
- Device may require additional WAN settings
- Network may not be connected to Internet
- No Configuration of Cloud in Certificate Authority
- Manufacturer may have left this value blank in the device record stored in Certificate Authority
Manual Cloud Entry
When the cloud can not be automatically discovered, OpenWiFi devices will turn on a local admin web UI made available via SSID "Maverick".
The Maverick UI will support configuring WAN interface parameters, including DHCP, Static, PPPoE, and LTE/5G settings. Please see Local Device Settings for details on using Maverick. Additionally the Maverick UI supports direct entry of the cloud for cases when the cloud value has not been supplied during manufacture.
For non-Wi-Fi devices such as PoE access switches, the same cloud location information may be configured using local management interface.
Admin / User Entered WAN or Cloud